Google Analytics tracking
If you have Google Analytics (GA4) enabled on the site where your bot is hosted, you can send FAQ Bot events to Google Analytics for further analysis.
- Google Analytics Account
- GA4 Analytics running on the site your bot appears on (learn more)
How to set up GA4 tracking
1. Navigate to the Features Control tab in the main configuration screen in the FAQ Bot portal.
2. Enable Google Analytics tracking
Next you will need to enter your Google Analytics API key (secret value). Follow the steps below to generate this key.
How to generate a Google Analytics API Key / secret value for event tracking
To find the API key in your Google Analytics account:
1. Navigate to Admin > Data Streams for the relevant account and property:
2. Select the relevant data stream (typically, this will represent the website your bot is hosted on).
3. Select Measurement Protocol API secrets (learn more about Measurement Protocol for GA4)
4. Click Create, give your API secret a nickname, and once you've created it, copy the secret value.
6. Paste the secret value you have just copied into the FAQ Bot portal:
7. Click Save to complete the setup.
Tracked FAQ Bot events
The following events are tracked in FAQ Bot and will be sent to Google Analytics once the integration is set up.
- Form Start
- Form Complete
- Form Cancelled
- Engagement Triggered
- Change Language
- No Answer
- Chit Chat
- Knowledge Base Answered
- Web Search
- Feedback Received
Additional setup in GA4
You may also need to set up FAQ Bot events as custom events in your Google Analytics account. Learn more.